Easy-to-install, cost-effective pallet storage racks for your business
Regardless of style or quantity, Erect-A-Rack has the answer to your storage installation needs. We employ some of the most experienced and professional installers in Melbourne and throughout Australia. At Erect-A-Rack, we are committed to giving you the assurance that you are investing in the best services and products available for your business.
With years of hands on installation experience, Erect-A-Rack has some of the highest quality and safety standards for the installation, repairs and relocation of pallet racking and storage solutions in the industry.
We are the leading supplier of warehouse pallet racking in Victoria
That’s right, we are the people you come to in Victoria when you want pallet racking and shelving in Melbourne. We take you through the process from measurements, to quotes, to design and installation. We are highly focussed on meeting the stringent Australian standards when it comes to our products and have safety at the forefront of everything we do.
There is no job that is too big or small for Erect-A-Rack . We can provide you with the storage solution you need to get your products safely and securely packed away on pallets. We offer cantilever racking, long span shelving, mezzanine levels and racking, workbenches and more. Get in touch today to visit our showroom and get your eyes on a range of top quality products.
- All pallet racking installations comply with Australian Standards AS4084-2012.
- Fully insured with WorkCover and Public Liability
- SWMS complete for every installation
- Fully maintained tools, tested and tagged
- Safety Working Harnesses
- Company owned Trucks and Utes
- Scissor Lifts on every pallet racking installation
- Quality assurance checks
- Worksafe Victoria Recognised
- Completion Certificates
We put safety first when it comes to pallet racking installations
Our teams carry the latest tools and safety equipment. As a part of our ongoing commitment to health and safety, all pallet racking storage installations are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards AS4084-2012 and the health and safety regulations in every workplace. Erect-A-Rack storage, shelving and racking installers carry complete insurance cover and proudly operate all throughout Australia.
We only work with specialists who are 100% qualified and experienced in installing our racking and shelving units. When Erect-A-Rack provides you with storage, racking or shelving installation services, you can be confident everything will be installed correctly, efficiently and safely; meeting appropriate Australian Standard AS4084-2012.
We offer Pallet Racking Repairs in Melbourne
So you’ve had a pallet racking and shelving unit installed in your warehouse, either by Erect-A-Rack or another supplier, but what happens when they need fixing? Call us. We know pallet racking so well that we can fix just about anything you need.
We will repair your pallet racking and perform a safety audit so you can rest assured knowing your staff and product are safe when they are in the warehouse. Safety audits should be a regular part of operations of your business as general wear and tear will occur during every day use of forklifts and pallets.
Pallet Racking Installation Guide
Installing a basic pallet racking system can be done with two people. You’ll need all the tools and equipment to do it, so a little research will go a long way. Alternatively you can get a team of our builders to show you exactly how to install it or even have them do it for you.
- Take measurements of the distance between two points on the floor or the wall you will be attaching your pallet racking to and run a line between.
- Stand the upright piece up and have the other person secure the base in at the lowest point of the beam.
- Stand the opposite upright piece at the other end of the beam and secure it again at the lowest point.
- Add in the other lower beam on the other side of the upright and you should end up with two uprights and two beams.
- Add another two beams to the right of the upright piece on the lower level.
- Safely stand another upright piece and attach the beams as per 3 & 4. Continue until the run is finished.
- Once the bay is in place, ensure all the uprights match the line drawn at the start. All the beams should be horizontally level. All the diagonals should help the structure to be square.
- Ensure all safety clips are fitted as you go along the beams checking their desired heights.
- Drill a whole in the ground and secure in the Dynabolts for each upright, so the rack is able to be anchored to the ground.
- Finally, make sure the Load rating sign is on the upright at the end of the row you have constructed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is rack storage?
Rack storage is used to store a range of products, materials and supplies in a warehouse environment. They can be used to hold heavy loads and provide for effective storage where space is at a premium. When properly utilised, rack storage can make a real difference to your operation.
How do you inspect racking?
Pallet racking can be assessed by a qualified inspector that is trained for the job. These experts will perform a visual inspection of your racking and provide feedback relating to existing damage, potential risks and so forth. This process will also include recommendations on how to best protect workers.
How should pallets be stored on racking?
Pallets should be stored on racking according to the instructions of the racking manufacturer and meet the requirements of AS 4084-2012. This is important for maintaining safety and ensuring that pallet racks are not overloaded. Adequate visual signage should be in place to assist with the correct process for storing pallets on racking.
What is high rack storage?
High rack storage is a great option if your warehouse has limited space or needs to increase its storage potential. These racks can be used to a high capacity and can also be fitted above other structures. High rack storage must meet all relevant safety standards and requirements to ensure proper usage.
Contact our team to find out more
Talk to Erect-A-Rack today about our installation and repair services for pallet racks and industrial shelving units – call us on 1300 788 916. Our Melbourne based professionals are here to guide you towards your best storage solutions, all made possible by the best in the business.